Terms & Conditions
'The Company' and 'Seller' means ‘Marabese Ceramics'
'Buyer' and 'Customer' means the person who accepts a quotation from the Seller, for the sale of the Goods or agrees to buy the Goods from the Seller.
'Goods' means the Tiles and other products which the Buyer agrees to purchase from the Seller.
Marabese Ceramics Site:
1. The Company may revise and update these Terms & Conditions, at any time and without prior notification
2. Accuracy of product information: All product specifications, images and other information stated on our website, have been provided by our suppliers and manufacturers. Our intention is that all information on the website should be as accurate and up to date as possible.
3. Samples provided are intended to give the ‘buyer' a general impression of the colour and pattern. Colours vary from batch to batch and exact matching between sample pieces and goods ordered cannot be guaranteed. When fitted some patterns can become strongly apparent, which may not be obvious from the sample.
4. The Companies catalogues, price list, website and other advertising material shall not form any part of any contract between the Buyer and the Company.
5. Any information or description of the goods appearing in the Sellers catalogues, brochures and other publications is believed to be correct and current, but is not warranted by the Seller, in so far as any such publication has been compiled from information supplied to the Seller, either by the manufacturer or supplier of the goods. The Seller accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any such information or description.
6. Unless otherwise stated in writing all prices quoted are Inclusive of VAT. Quotations are valid for 30 Days from date of issue. (Prices quoted during a sale will only be valid for the duration of the sale.)
7. Whilst we try to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible to give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If the Company takes the action to cancel the order you will receive a full refund.
8. Prices are subject to alteration without prior notification and shall not be binding on the Seller.
9. Prices stated are exclusive to this website only and WILL NOT be available in our showrooms
Purchasing & Payment:
10. All major credit and debit cards including Visa, MasterCard and Switch are accepted. We DO NOT accept American Express. At the checkout stage you must provide us with the correct billing address for your credit or debit card. Supplying us with incorrect information will cause a delay in processing your order. Once we have received payment and it has been authorised we can process your order.
11. Credit Card Security- credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
12. Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between the Buyer and the Company will take place upon the dispatch to the Buyer of the products ordered, unless we have notified you that we will not accept your order, or you have cancelled it.
13. Payment for the goods shall in itself constitute as an acceptance of the sellers Terms & Conditions and other specific terms of sale.
14. Orders are accepted and promises for delivery given, conditionally upon our being able to secure the necessary material and /or goods and without responsibility for delays arising through risks and uncertainties of manufacture, strike, accidents, or other causes beyond our direct control.
15. The Company reserves the right not to supply the Buyer at the Companies sole discretion.
Product Quality / Warranty
16. The supply of goods does not mean that they are suitable for a specific installation. The Company can only be held responsible for any failure against products supplied, to the extent that the manufacturer of such products is prepared to guarantee the same. No tiles are guaranteed against crazing.
17. Some variations in size, shape, manufacturing tolerance, shading and pattern are inherent in the manufacture of tiles and therefore the Seller accepts no liability. All Natural Stone goods are supplied subject to natural colour and shade variations.
18. Where a significant area is to be tiled, it is the responsibility of the Tiler or Tradesperson to use where possible, goods from a variety of separate boxes to ensure that any batch, colour, shading and quality variances are minimized.
19. Any fault, quality or shading issue with the tiles supplied will remain the responsibility of the manufacturer. The Company will accept no responsibility for further or subsequent loss or expense, if the tiles are faulty, or not to the acceptance of the Buyer. Any such issues will be passed to the manufacturers, whereby any claims will become solely the manufacturer's liability, disclaimers or notes printed on boxes or packaging will become the responsibility of the Buyer to read and accept, prior to use or fixing.
20. Any claim by the Buyer, which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods, or their failure to correspond with specification, shall (whether or not the delivery is refused, by the Buyer) be expected to notify the Seller in writing, within 2 working days, from delivery. If delivery is refused and the Buyer does not notify the Seller accordingly, the Seller shall have no liability for such defect or failure and the Buyer shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods had been delivered in accordance with the Contract.
21. Where any valid claim in respect of any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods, or their failure to meet specification is notified to the Company, in accordance with these conditions, the Company shall be entitled to replace the Goods (or the part under query) free of charge or at the Companies sole discretion, refund to the Buyer the price of the Goods (or a proportionate part of the price) however, the Company will have no further liability to the Buyer.
22. The company cannot accept any claims once materials are fixed. It is a particular condition of sale that all goods be inspected and approved by the Buyer in all aspects of quality, shade and condition prior to any cutting or fixing, and that the Buyer is responsible as to the suitability of the product to meet design and manufacturing needs.
23. Tile Production Notes
23A. Shading and Crazing: Shading and crazing are inherent characteristics of all ceramic tiles. The company reserves the right to refuse any responsibility for tiles shaded, crazed or faulty in any way once said goods have been fixed. The use of goods delivered implies their acceptance by the customer.
23B. Calibration: In modern manufacturing of most types of Ceramics and Porcelain tiles the calibration i.e. size of the tile may vary from batch to batch. It is important to check the calibration stamped on each box before installation commences. The company cannot accept any claims once materials are fixed or if they are ordered specifically, a specific calibration cannot be guaranteed.
24B. Slate and Natural stone products: In these products there are some natural characteristics, which make handling and fixing more specialized than factory pressed ceramics tiles. The material is formed over many years by natural process. The thickness of tiles will vary within the same box, as they are split along the vein, which is not constant. Likewise natural fissures occur in the opposite plane and cracking of tiles may occur. Therefore, we do not guarantee that the thickness of tiles will be uniform nor will cracked or broken tiles be accepted as faulty. There will be a considerable variation in colour and type chosen; no two tiles are the same.
24. Shipping and Handling Delivery prices quoted through the website are for most UK mainland addresses. For any orders that need to be dispatched outside of mainland UK please call and or email us on the contact details stated on the website, and we will provide you with a delivery quote, and will process the order over the phone.
25. The Company cannot, under any circumstances accept any financial demands from the Buyer for late delivery, incorrect supply of goods, or incorrect delivery. The Company respectfully recommends that the Buyer does not book a Tiler or Tradesman, until the goods have been delivered to the desired location, signed for and quality checked. The risk in relation to the goods passes to the Buyer at the point of physical delivery, at the time of delivery.
25. Time shall not be of the essence. The Company shall not be liable to the Buyer, or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or if any failure to perform, was due to any cause beyond the Companies reasonable control i.e Adverse Weather conditions, Fire or Accident, Strikes, Raw material availability, Power failure, breakdowns in vehicles or machinery.
26. The Company offers a wide range of standard and special delivery services in conjunction with our own transport and third party contractors. Whilst every effort will be made to deliver goods in line with the desired, requested or committed service, the Company do not accept responsibility for any delay, cost, or consequential loss, how so ever caused for a failed delivery.
27. It is the Buyers responsibility to notify the Company of any circumstances that may affect the delivery of goods i.e. Parking restrictions, "Red Routes", Vehicular access due to height or width, Narrow roads, Road works, Gravel or uneven driveways, Building sites, High rise apartments (with or without lifts) etc. Failure to communicate relevant information to the Company prior to delivery may result in additional costs for the re-supply being incurred by the Buyer and may also increase the re-delivery lead time.
28. Signing for goods: It is the Companies expectation that the Buyer or the Buyers representative, will be available to sign for the goods at the point of delivery. If goods are delivered without a signature the responsibility of the goods is that of the Buyer no claims will be accept for loss or damage. Customer's signatures on delivery notes accompanied by remarks such as "unchecked" or "unexamined" or similar will not be binding by the Company. Goods must be signed for "damaged" if goods arrive damaged or packaging tampered with.
29. Due to Insurance and Health & Safety regulations, neither Marabese Ceramics staff, nor the representatives of our Delivery Companies are able to take any goods into a Customers property.
30. Before fixing, the Buyer should ensure that they are satisfied that the goods supplied, are correct to the original order. All items should be thoroughly unpacked and inspected as soon as possible. Should you have any queries or questions at this stage, relating to the supply, damage, shading or any other fault, please contact our Sales Team on 01234 324598 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Damaged Goods/Short Delivery Claims:
31. The Company must be notified in writing, within 48 hours from delivery relating to any claims by the Buyer relating to any shortage or damage to goods in transit. Failure to communicate problems may result in additional costs for re-supply being incurred and may also increase the re-delivery lead time.
32. No claim for damaged goods or short deliveries will be processed unless received in writing by the Company within 48 hrs of receipt of goods. Customer's signatures on delivery notes accompanied by remarks such as "unchecked" or "unexamined" or similar will not be binding by the Company. Goods must be signed for "damaged" if goods arrive damaged or packaging tampered with.
33. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, the customer can within 14 (fourteen) working days of receipt, cancel their order. If goods have been delivered, the goods must be available for collection within 14 working days from cancellation notification. If the goods aren't available within this time, your right to cancel will be revoked. Goods must be returned in an unused state and with their original packaging. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 you have a statutory duty to take reasonable care of the goods whilst in your possession.
33A. Special Order items coming from abroad (i.e- Italy or Spain) cannot be cancelled. We will not accept cancellations or returns on an item coming from abroad, we will have made you aware of this before placing your order, this information is also stated clearly on your receipt and order confirmation. This item will be ordered in especially for you and therefore under no circumstances can be cancelled or returned.
34. Cancellation must be put into writing within the 14 working days of receipt of your order. The buyer must pay all costs for returns unless goods were faulty or incorrect at time of delivery. This includes 25% re-stocking charge on UK held special order items.
35. If the original packaging has been opened or is deemed by the Buyer to require improvement to allow the safe return of the goods, it is the responsibility of the Buyer to complete a re-packing exercise, at their cost. The Company will not accept any costs for the re-packing of goods, in any circumstances.
36. Refunds for cancellations will only be processed once the goods have arrived with the Company and have been fully inspected and deemed to be in a resalable condition. The Company reserve the right to amend the amount refunded based on the value of the resalable goods.
37. Refunds will be processed as a priority, however, dependent upon circumstances, the administration may take up to 3-5 working days to complete. The maximum time period to refund any monies will not exceed 30 Days from the receipt of goods. Additionally, please note, any monies paid back to Credit / Debit cards may take a further 3-5 days to show on Customers statements. - However, it may be possible to improve on these timings by contacting your Bank / Card account company
38. Returning goods for a refund: Please contact our sales team on 01234 324598 to arrange return of goods for refund. Do not return goods without notifying a member of our sales team and receiving confirmation that goods are returnable for refund.
38A. Stock Items: The Buyer may return complete boxes of tiles to the Company within 28 days of receipt of order, provided the goods are in good condition and are able to be re-sold. (Adhesive, Grout and Tools are Non-Refundable). If the Buyer returns the goods in good condition within 14 days of delivery a FULL REFUND (excluding the original DELIVERY charge and collection charge) will be issued. After 14 days of delivery a 25% re-stocking charge will be incurred.
38B. Special Order Items: Returns of non-stock UK held items is at the Companies discretion. If the company agrees to accept return of ‘non stock goods' ordered, the Buyer must return complete boxes to the Company with 28 days of receipt of order. Non stock-items carry a 30% re-stocking charge.
38C. Special order Items Abroad: Special order products from abroad are non-refundable. The Buyer may not return special order products.
39D. Sale Items: Products on Sale are non-refundable. The Buyer may not return sale items.
39. The responsibility for the return of the goods is that of the Buyer. The Company will not accept under any circumstances any cost for the return of, or re-packaging of, returned product or items.
40. If the original packaging has been opened, or is deemed by the Buyer to require improvement, to allow the safe return of the goods, it is the responsibility of the Buyer to complete a re-packing exercise, at their cost. The Company will not accept any costs for the re-packing of goods, in any circumstances.
41. If the Buyer cannot or will not arrange the return of the goods, the Company will arrange the collection and deduct the collection costs from the refunded amount. To avoid any misunderstanding, please liaise with our Customer Services Team for the cost of returning the goods. Alternatively, if the Buyer is able to return goods themselves in a resalable condition a FULL Refund (excluding the original DELIVERY charge) will be issued. Please Note the costs associated with the return of the goods will not be reimbursed.
56. Refunds will be processed as a priority, however, dependent upon circumstances, the administration may take up to 3-5 working days to complete. The maximum time period to refund any monies will not exceed 30 Days from the receipt of goods. Additionally please note, any monies paid back to Credit / Debit cards may take a further 3-5 days to show on Customers statements. - However, it may be possible to improve on these timings by contacting your Bank / Card account company.
a. Take and fulfill customer orders
b. Administer and enhance the site and service
c. Only disclose information to third parties for goods delivery purposes
marabeseceramics.com is part of Marabese Ceramics Ltd
Registered Office: Unit 5 Windsor Road, Bedford, Beds MK42 9HW
Company Registration No. 03504232
VAT registration number is 706 198 723